Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Rededication – at just the right time!!

Hello everyone. No, you’re eyes are not deceiving you! I am actually updating my blog for the first time in over a month. I apologize to all my loyal readers out there for the disappearing act. It was a combination of the craziness that has been the last 30 days with work, starting up school again, and basically being too exhausted when I did have the time to post. But now that things have settled down, I’m back and better then ever! And just in time too!! Playoff hockey is just around the corner people, and our Boys in Blue are right in the thick of it!!

Currently, the Rangers sit in 6th place in the Eastern Conference at 89 points, following a heartbreaking 2-1 loss last night to the Flyers in overtime. Philadelphia tied the game 7:32 into the 3rd period on a Daniel Briere goal and then won it 2:16 into the extra session, after a ghastly turn over in the offensive zone by Sean Avery that was picked off by defenseman, Jason Smith, who then threaded a pass to Richards, who went in all alone on Lunqvist.

A devastating loss for sure last night folks, but not the end of the world. They still gained a point on the Devils and are now just 2 points behind them and the Senators, who exploded for 5 goals in the 3rd period last night in a 6-3 win over Buffalo. The Devils, meanwhile have lost 4 in a row, following a 2-0 shut out to the Penguins last night, and now limp into the Garden tomorrow night against our boys, who incase you didn’t know, have a little bit of a streak going against them. I’m not going to go out on a limb and say this is gonna be easy, cause the Devils are going to be desperate for points, but the advantage is to us right now.

Anyway, John Dellapina has a game recap in the Daily News today, as does Larry Brooks in the Post. Dellapina also discloses a little more about Scott Gomez’ injury, which he suffered this past Friday against the Flyers. He is still listed as day to day, but no time table has been given for his return.

Ok, so there’s my long, overdue blog update. This month long sabbatical will not become the norm around here, I can assure you of that. Once again, I appreciate everyone’s patience and I look forward to providing you with daily updates and commentary, starting with a FREAKING HUGE game against the Devils tomorrow at the Garden - which I will be at!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

About fucking time.

TheGr8Tony said...

Hahaha...There's my one loyal poster!! WHERE ARE THE REST OF YOU?!?!? >:-(

Anonymous said...

I'm ova here now...

Anyway it is about fuckin time man. I almost started my own waiting for you to do it. Friendly tip though. I love how you put those links to the score pages, but you should find the code that makes them open in a new window. Just a suggestion.

SDC

TheGr8Tony said...

Yeah, I'll have fiddle with that. See if I can figure it out. The fact that I know how to do the links to begin with is a miracle! But thanks for the tip (feed back is definitely welcome) and for checking the site out. Come back, soon and tell your friends!