Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Montreal Massacre!!!

Ok, so I know I'm supposed to be professional and all with this blog, as I am doing this to try and get my name out there as I pursue my journalism career. And I promise I will try and maintain some sense of professionalism within today’s blog, but I can’t guarantee it will be much!!

So, where do I start?

How about this was the most humiliating, most agonizing, most disgusting and THE most vomit inducing loss I have ever witnessed in the 20 plus years I have been watching the Rangers? How do you a blow a freaking 5-0 lead??? HOW?? Bottom line: YOU DON'T!!! When you score 5 goals in the first period and you chase the starting goaltender, YOU CLOSE THAT GAME OUT!!! There are no if’s, and’s or but’s about it!! YOU JUST DO IT!!!

Not enough?? Ok, let me continue…

How about I would also like to find the douche bag responsible for producing last night’s game for FSNY (Fricken Stupid Numbnut Yackoffs!!), and beat him to death with a folding chair after throwing this stat up on the screen, following the Canadiens cutting the Ranger lead to 5-4...

“The Rangers have never blown a 5-0 lead.”

Oh really? Thank you Captain Obvious! Do you secretly work for the Canadiens? Or were you sitting in the control room with a bunch of people, taking bets saying, “Let’s see how long after we throw this stat up, that they actually blow the game!” I mean really, why not just post on the TV screen for every Ranger fan watching last night, “HEY RANGERS?!?! THIS IS LE-DOUCHE BAG DE-CANADIEN FAN PRODUCER, AND I DARE YOU TO BLOW THIS 5-0 LEAD!!!” Sorry, but something like that should be grounds for firing when the home town feed goes and throws a stat like that up on the screen last night! Fricken idiots.

Anyway I promised professionalism, right? Fine, here’s your freaking links to the game summaries, here, here, and here. Figured I'd give the positive Ranger spin for the last one. "Incredibly exciting five-minute overtime period". Yeah, whatever.

On a final note, anyone who is familiar with my rants on NJO and other boards knows my long, ongoing hatred for the NY Post and NY Daily News, who continue to blatantly and purposely shun the Rangers from back page headlines when they have deserved it (good or bad) since the lockout. Well last night’s debacle was certainly deserving of the back page, and not on a positive note. So, for today, I would like to offer many thank you's to the News and the Post for continuing to be the hockey hating, dirtbag losers that they are!

Also, can we have someone else comment on this blog besides Wolfie??? You people are big time slackers! Come on Check, I’ll even welcome your opinion today!! ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I think we've all vented enough. Believe it or not, I called out sick today!!!!Anyway, yes, that was the worst debacle in my 35 plus years of following this team. It was probably the worst regular season loss in history. That said, if we can come back with a strong weekend (nothing less than 2 wins), it will be a footnote that will be all but forgotten about come playoff time.

If the boys use it as motivation, and Sather obviously sees the need for tweaking the roster, and Renney re-evaluates his choices of who to put on the ice, then we will return to the very good brand of hockey we've been playing over the last 10-12 games.

If we come limping out with our tail between our legs, expect another downward spiral.

Anonymous said...

So, tell us how you REALLY feel...

Anonymous said...

Guess the Maalox didn't help, huh? The only thing you can do is shake it off and hope the team follows your lead.